Saturday, July 28, 2012

Blogger Friends Forever: 80s


Here we go for 80s day! Since I was only a fetus when this decade closed, I don't have any personal experience with it. I did some google and referenced The Wedding Singer for some help and came up with checkers, neons and splatter.


Checkers remind me of the 80s. Probably because of The Wedding Singer and his sheets. You mean you don't remember his sheets?! Good, you're normal. I started with a base of Pure Ice white, then stamped with Cheeky CH3 and L.A. Colors Circuits. Then I used straws to splatter with China Glaze Hang Ten Toes, Surfin' for Boys, Sun Kissed, I'm With the Lifeguard, Splish Splash and Beach Cruise-r. I was completely satisfied with my splattering and then decided to do one last blow on my thumb because it needed more purple.


That was clearly a mistake.


Here are the fabulous bloggers participating in this challenge:

And here's what we have in store! (My week is August 23-25)

5 comments:

  1. Great job evoking the '80s! I never would have guessed you weren't there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with transferring some of the 80`s to your nails. I was just a toddler myself, when the 80s ended, but I remember we had a table outside that had checkers, and it was always a huge mess with ice cream spill, and what nots. Looked very much like this. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete