Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Untried Month Day 8: Layla Hologram Effect Ocean Rush

Hello all! I haven't been posting because I haven't had a power cord, but I got a new one today! And I have to show you this beauty. Here's my first linear holo polish!


Layla Ocean Rush. Isn't it gorgeous?! I'd heard things about how hard it is to apply because of insane balding issues, but I didn't believe it. They were true. Like a silly person I brushed over my pinky multiple times and it was as if I didn't apply anything. After realizing I couldn't go over a previous stroke AT ALL (not even a little bit!) application went more smoothly. 


I used Seche Vite as a base. I accidentally nicked a spot, I dabbed a little over it and it looked better than I imagined. After swatching it on one hand, I HAD to do a full mani.


Here it is with flash. During this application, after the first coat dried over Seche Vite, I applied a second coat. A couple spots were uneven, so I decided to try to apply like a normal polish and go over it again without balding. It applied like a normal polish!!! I was amazed. It was awesome!!!




I LOVE this polish. I already ran back to Ulta and bought Black Flash and can't wait to buy more!

Be sure to check out the other ladies' untrieds!


Helen at Nail Newbie
Alyssa C at Polish Junkie Ninja
Lexi at Finger Painted


3 comments:

  1. Holy holo that is beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwee, this is gorg! I'm glad you figured out how to work with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just used this the other day! I love it! It looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete