Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Teal Tuesday: Animal Print

Whenever animal print was announced as the winner for today's Teal Tuesday theme, I got a really great idea that I was excited about...and then promptly forgot it haha. Luckily, I eventually remembered it :) This mani was inspired by one of my favorite pairs of earrings.


It's a peacock! While teal isn't really the main color here, the teal-ish color on the earring inspired me, so that totally counts...right? Sorry about the black specks. It was really late and I didn't get the chance to clean up.


Colors used: Zoya Apple, L.A. Colors Circuits, OPI Brisbane Bronze, OPI Fly, Ulta Dance Teal Dawn, Julep Marisa. The teal spot is Fly for the opacity+Dance Teal Dawn for some shimmer. I drew the designs with some different sized paint brushes.


I was having difficulties taking pictures of this because it was so shiny. I decided to add a coat of NYC Matte topcoat. It also kinda makes the effect similar to the earring.




I am head over heals for this mani! I love it a lot and don't want to take it off!

Check out these other Teal Tuesday blogs!
Missy at Gnarly Gnails
Kirsten at Geeky Owl
Amanda at Mandy's Polish
Nat at No Holos!

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Great work, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo!That is just sooo pretty,Miranda,and you are really good with the nail art! I love peacock feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome and takes some serious patience - nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I am actually in love with this mani! You have perfectly captured the beauty of a peacock feather! I MUST try this...my wedding theme was peacock feathers, cuz I call my hubby my peacock! ;-)

    ReplyDelete